Re: [EXP GAINS] Follow-up

From: Mundi King (kingmundi@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 06/12/98

---Brian <brian@IMI-BOTTLING.COM> wrote:

> I'm currently using a formula, with a base of 4000 exp, modified by
race and
> class modifiers.  However, there doesn't seem to be a formula that
I've come
> up with that closely resembles the original stock exp table.  Has
anyone
> come up with one?  ANy one I try either has the exp way to high for
newbie
> characters and normal exp for the max level (50), or vice versa
(perfect for
> newbie characters, but way too low for the high end).
>
> What's a good formula to use?

given a set of data points
x     y
1     25
2     50
3     100

f(y) = A(x)^2 + B(x) + C

plugging in the values we have
25 = A(1)^2 + B(1) + C
50 = A(2)^2 + B(2) + C
100= A(3)^2 + B(3) + C

25 =   A +   B +   C
50 =  4A +  2B +   C
100=  9A +  3B +   C

subtract the second equation from the third, and the first from the
second

25 =   A +   B +   C
25 =  3A +   B
50 =  5A +   B

again subtract the second from the third

25 =   A +   B +   C
25 =  3A +   B
25=   2A

solving for A,
A=25/2
A=  12.5
now we can solve for B and C
B= 25 - 37.5
B= -12.5

C= 25 -12.5 + 12.5
C=25

giving the polynomial
y= 12.5x^2 -12.5x +25

note that the data follows the first 4 levels
of the xp chart

x=level-1
xp=y*100

the more data points you wish to include
the bigger the polynomial you can get

if i can find the free time, ill try to
make one that includes higher level and xp
data points