Re: Setting features (and alias/poof saving)

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 06/12/98

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Quinn ShadowStalker wrote:

> Ok Im trying to make it so after a player mutates in the mutation chamber
> and this is what the end of the function says so far
[...]
> now what I wanna do is make it so they also gain 500hit points, 500 mana,
> and 500 movement points, how would I go about doing this?

Ask the guy who coded the part you posted.

ObCircle:

SInce we're on the etext subject recently, and since I'm currently
rewriting the load_char() and save_char() for ascii pfiles, I'm looking
for any suggestions or preferences concerning adding poofs and alias
saving to the ascii pfiles.

Adding it to my code is trivial, but I'm trying to keep the ascii pfiles
semi-stockish in case they're added as an option in a later version of
circle.  Also, I'm sure most people already save aliases using the
available patch, and may not want to change that.

Now, should I add alias/poof saving to ascii, leave them out, make them
compile-time options, or none of the above?

Sam