Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Attitudes

From: Julian Buckley (buckley@PC.ELEC.UQ.EDU.AU)
Date: 06/14/98

Quote from someone the other day (sorry, didn't c&p your header ;)):

"I'll teach you how to fish, but don't expect me to hold the rod for you,
that's the job you should do for yourself."

This sums things up.  This list is for those problems people have, and not
for ppl to code your mud for you.  If something seriously goes wrong, then
post it, otherwise check the archives.  80% of the time (prolly), the
problem you face that seems simplistic will be in the archives, which Alex
has maintained very well.  Grats.

ObCircle:

Thanks to Dak for the definition of the above, but I was wondering about
something...

There was a string of posts the other day about OOC rooms and the possible
threats this may cause to the morting population...well, someone suggested
that those "assassins" (PK) or those PCs running from a hunting mob could
just go OOC and avoid things?  Doesn't this scenario already exist?  That
is, a mortal fleeing into the board rooms to escape a PK-er, esp. if you
set it all up so PEACEFUL rooms are def. peaceful...

Just a thought...

-Caniffe.