Re: NEWBIE

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@EDEN.COM)
Date: 06/21/98

AxL wrote:

> > Can someone please tell me a patch program that works for the patches?
>
>         Try patch.
> --
> -AxL, axl@wpcr.plymouth.edu - SysOp, RPM Director, WPCR Plymouth, 91.7 FM
>  "Discriminate against the next fashion sucker you meet....it's a raver!"
>                                       - Ec8or,  Digital Hardcore Records

Are you using Unix or Windows? All Unixes should have patch in the OS
distribution, I know Linux, Solaris, and AIX, all do. If you are using
Unix, try 'where patch' and if that turns up nothing you can search the
entire file system for it using, 'find / -name patch -print'

If that locates it, you need to modify your path to look in that
location
or type the absolute path when executing it.

If you are using Windows, I can't be much help there. I do believe that
Visual C++ has this ability built in. You can always hand patch stuff,
that is what I have to usually do anyways, because if a file is only
slightly modified, patch will throw rejects. Also, by hand patching
it kind of forces you to look at the code and you will start to get a
feel for what is going on.

Oh, also, to avoid your next question, patch is used like this:

'patch < patch_file_name' and I believe they need to be run from the
/circle30bpl12 directory or /circle30bpl12/src directory. (Not 100%
on this, it has been quite a while since I used circle patches)

WC