Re: [RELEASE] Wilderness/ASCII Mapping System

From: j f chaos (jfchaos@JUNO.COM)
Date: 06/24/98

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:16:28 -0400 Christopher Avans <parka@CDC.NET>
writes:
> Well here we go...
>  Patent them and chase offenders how?
>seems like a bad statment but it is, you have to accept that if you
>post am idea, code, etc you gonna get people who use it and give no
credit
>much less something in the log in screen. Sorry man you put it on a ftp
>site you must accept such things unless you rich and bored.

[snip]
I haven't entered anyone into my credits yet, but I have all the
patches/snippets that have been put in and tinkered with in their own
directory so that when I go to get the mud up and running I can just put
them in (or hunt down the people that have no name in the file);

As to this thread a piece of code being copyrighted isn't easily proved.
All someone has to really do is change the time/date stamp and add some
cosmetic changes to make it look like they coded it first.

I think that the person should be given credit for something they
probably slaved over and tore their hair out getting to work.

Jon Falkner

We are Borg of Microsoft.  Competition is futile.  Prepare to be
negotiated.