Re: [Long] Misc Bugs of Circle 3.0/13a

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/27/98

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

>Anyway, what you will see below is a list of bugs, typos, etc from bpl13a.
>I have included the fixes that I made for them.

You might want to check ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/.  Most
of these have already been fixed that need a fix.

>2). In the lib\etc directory, the file for banned sites is missing. The
>simplest fix is to simple create a blank file called "badsites" in that
>directory. That should fix the error and allow everything to work fine.

We check for ENOENT now so the 'error message' isn't as problematic.

>4). In act.offensive.c and act.other.c the skills within these files do not
>check to make sure that the player knows of the skills or has knowledge in
>using them. I merely added this check to fix the problem.

Shouldn't matter, they'll fail anyway.  I did it for do_track because it is
a potentially time-consuming function.

>7). In act.wizard.c "extern char *class_abbrevs[];" is in there twice. Do a
>search for it and remove the redundant one.

Fixed in CVS already, -Wredundant-decls on my Linux machine got it.

>8). In the messages file in the lib\misc directory one of the miss messages
>for attacking someone when using a thrashing weapon is checking for the
>gender of the attacker, rather than the victim. Change the $m to $M.

Alex fixed that one.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://patches.van.ml.org/          | stupidity is not thus handicapped.