Re: Shh!!!! (and anyone for testing?)

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 07/01/98

George writes:
>We have a release candidate for bpl14.  Anyone interested can drop me

Just to add to this, I'd be particularly interested in people testing
out the new binding code.  I've added code to pl14 so that if you're
on a multi-homed host (i.e., a host with more than one IP interface),
you can specify that you want the MUD to bind only to a single one of
the interfaces instead of all of them.

This was requested by a number of people at places like
mudservices.com, where they run many IP interfaces on the same machine
so that they can give port 4000 out to more than one MUD group running
on the same hardware.

Initially the code ran correctly on some OSs and not others, but I
think the compatibility problems were ironed out completely.  I'd
still like to hear from people on different OSs as to whether or not
this works properly, though.

-Jeremy