[CODE] [Newbie] Stat rolling for new characters

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 07/02/98

I was trying to set up my MUD so that it lets new characters reroll their
stats if they don't like them (during character creation), but I hit a
problem...one that I was afraid would happen, but not sure.
I was using a relatively simple system...first rolled each stat between 50 and
100. Then I was adding them up. As long as they were not all adding up to 825,
the game was supposed to roll a number between 1 and 11, and reroll the
coresponding stat only. I tried MANY other systems, but I couldn't find a way
that took less than a few seconds...in fact, these would probably take hours.

So finally I ask my question: does anyone have a snippet for allocating so
many stat points /unevenly/ between 11 different stats, so that they add up to
whatever amount you specify?

Sorry to spam the list.

Thanks,
-Elrelet