Re: [BACKUP] Maybe Silly Question

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 07/07/98

> Are there any PROBLEMS with ftp-ing your mud in either binary or ASCII
> mode?  I may not be putting this question very well.  Hmmmm.  What I'm
> trying to say is can either one cause the transfer to be corrupted?

If you ftp a binary in ascii mode, it will be corrupted.  Binary mode is
safe for ascii files.  The reverse is not true.  One of the reasons why
most pepople just automatically switch to binary mode as soon as they start
a ftp session.

By habit I type 'bin' before each 'get' (CLI what a concept).

d.