Re: act() oddity [solution]

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 07/10/98

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Tony Robbins wrote:

>Well, for those of you who may experience a similar problem in the future,
>is the necessity of a delete_doubledollar call on the string.  I was
>wondering if someone could point out when a delete_doubledollar is
>necessary and when it isn't, because this little thing had me in fits all
>day.  :P

/*
 * Given a string, change all instances of double dollar signs ($$) to
 * single dollar signs ($).  When strings come in, all $'s are changed
 * to $$'s to avoid having users be able to crash the system if the
 * inputted string is eventually sent to act().  If you are using user
 * input to produce screen output AND YOU ARE SURE IT WILL NOT BE SENT
 * THROUGH THE act() FUNCTION (i.e., do_gecho, do_title, but NOT do_say),
 * you can call delete_doubledollar() to make the output look correct.
 *
 * Modifies the string in-place.
 */
char *delete_doubledollar(char *string)