Re: [CODE] Warmboot Patch

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 07/13/98

In a message dated 98-07-13 14:30:34 EDT, heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM writes:

<< Something I did since installing the copyover patch was to a) learn to use
 shared memory pools on linux, and b) replace the default malloc with one
 that allocates from a shared memory pool. Shared memory is persistant
 after a program stops running; doing this, I can reboot without re-reading
 the world files, since EVERYTHING describing the state of the mud is in
 memory still. This is quite useful for turning on code changes without anyone
 even noticing the mud has been rebooted. >>

But what would you do in Windows95? When a program's being run in Win95, you
can't overwrite it's code. I've tried, and it gives some dinky message box:
"Unable to overwrite. File may already be in use by Windows."

-Elrelet