Re: Rant on the Virtues of Events

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 07/15/98

On 7/14/98 10:01 PM, Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM) stated:

>>i think you're kind of missing the point..using an event system would be
>>more accurate (down to the global pulse that is exactly one second away),
>
>Just a correction here.  A global pulse is actually 1/10 of a second, not
>a second.  If you don't believe me, make an event with a time of 1 (as
>opposed to the usual 1 RL_SEC notation) and watch how quickly it will
>fire off.  This fact only adds to the points in the rest of the message,

He said, down to the global pulse that is exactly one second away, not,
down to the global pulse which is exactly one second.  What he meant, or
at least the way I interpretted it, is that you can specify the global
pulse that is one second away, rather than waiting until a second-based
pulse (which could be 1.9 seconds awy).

- Chris Jacobson