Re: [DG SCRIPTS] search_block incompatible pointer

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 07/16/98

>if ((dir = search_block(direction, (char **)dirs, FALSE)) == -1) {
                                     ^- Remove this type casting.
>    wld_log(room, "wdoor: invalid direction");
>    return;
>}
>
>if ((fd = search_block(field, (char **)door_field, FALSE)) == -1) {
                                ^- Kill this one too
>    wld_log(room, "wdoor: invalid direction");
>    return;
>}

You will also have to change the defines of both door_field (whatever
file it is in) to be a const char *door_field, and the define for dirs to
be a const as well (it was changed in bpl14)  This would have been a good
time to use that version tracker for an #if.....that is if it had been
changed in bpl14 :P

Ok, that's what I did to make these work.  In fact, there's an awful lot
that needs to be done to make it work, but this is just what I can
remember that I did (it all has to do with the re-working of the pointers
in bpl 14 over 13)

>I assume this is the reason that we shut down every few minutes.  If
>there are no players longged in, then it runs.  But if there is one
>logged in, it will shutdown and 60 second reboot every few minutes.

Not sure about that....

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press