Re: Slashdot or Freshmeat..

From: Mark Dickey (mark@SUAREZ.BESTWEB.NET)
Date: 07/29/98

Yes, I have been thinking about doing this for a very long time.  I have
thought of a number of things for why it is not good, but not many for doing
it.

1.    If they are using the mud, they already have an Internet account, and
so an e-mail address.
2.    If they are using the mud, they can just go to hotmail and get a
better account than could be offered by the mud.
3.    If they have an e-mail address on the mud, they might use it for
things they shouldn't, such as spam.

However, it is good because

1.    Being able to get and receive e-mail through the mud would be really
awesome.
2.    It would enhance the mud and make it much more attractive to people.
(Maybe)

Another however, is that I cannot think of any other good things for it.

Mark Dickey
mark@bestweb.net

 However, if they are using the mud, they probably already have an e-mail
account, so it doesn't actually *help* them.