Adding in water currents

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/05/98

    I plan on adding water currents into my MUD, which will be OLC
setable, and driven by the DG-Event system. My question is where would I
put the event to check the mud every 5-10 seconds to see if a char is in a
Water Current room? I wanted to make different currents speeds,
which would define how fast you got swept out of a room (week current
would be like every 10 seconds, and a very strong like every 2 seconds. I
would imagine the event would be driven like:
  1. Check the mud for anyone in a CURRENT flagged room
  2. Check the type of Current, Weak, Medium, Strong, and send char
     struc to event function.
  3. When event time is up, check the direction to send them to (again,
     thinking of using flags here... CURRENT_NORTH, CURRENT_SOUTH etc).
  4. Send them to that room.
    So, along with the info of where exactly this event should be, can
anyone else think of anything I might be missing? Thanks

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_