Re: [BPL11] fastaggr

From: John Evans (evansj@DATAWEST.NET)
Date: 08/05/98

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, I Chose No Name wrote:

> ACMD(do_move)
> {
>   register struct char_data *vict, *tmob;
>   int found;
>
>   /*
>    * This is basically a mapping of cmd numbers to perform_move indices.
>    * It cannot be done in perform_move because perform_move is called
>    * by other functions which do not require the remapping.
>    */
>   perform_move(ch, cmd - 1, 0);

In perform_move() if someone hits a DT, they are killed and extracted. No
more ch! If you'll look at your code below, you'll see that 'ch' is used
all over the place. That means that you are trying to interact with a
character that is no longer in the game and the MUD doesn't like doing
that.

after perform_move() do something like:

if (!*ch)
  return;

John Evans <evansj@datawest.net>             AKA: Zeavon
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/              telnet://spear.gator.net:1066

--Arthur C. Clarke
I find planning for the future allows one to delay acting in the present.
--Chris England