Re: [Win95] Patches?

From: Julian Buckley (buckley@PC.ELEC.UQ.EDU.AU)
Date: 08/05/98

> For all the patches on the ftp site, how do you patch it in Win95 under
> MSVC4.0??

1. Get a patching program, either CygWin32 or some other one...email me if
you need a patch.exe program;
2. To patch, type: patch < patchfile.patch
This'll patch it.  Note, that if your code is changed moderately from
stock, it wont patch properly.  You have to pull up the patchfile.rej's
and do it by hand.

After you've done a few patches automatically, you'll have to do it by
hand anyway --- the only one I patched automatically was Tony's olcplus
package, but I couldn't imagine myself doing that by hand anyway :)

Besides, you learn more handpatching...

-Caniffe.