Kingdom function

From: TDRD (tdlord@ELITE.NET)
Date: 08/06/98

I have kingdoms in my mud rather than clans, I made a function to return
the persons kingdom in binary/string form rather than an integer and such.
It crashes when I call it into use.. Why is this?
Here is the code and where it is called.

--in utils.c--
char *king(struct char_data * chh, char *cp, int p)
{
char *kingdo;
kingdo = malloc(50);
 bzero(kingdo, strlen(kingdo));

if(p == TRUE)
strcat(kingdo, " ");

switch(GET_KING(chh)){
case 1:
strcat(kingdo,"Despair");
break;
case 2:
strcat(kingdo,"&cTi&Cta&Wn&w");
break;
case 3:
strcat(kingdo,"&KS&bolphir&Ke&w");
break;
case 4:
strcat(kingdo, "Haven");
break;
case 5:
strcat(kingdo, "Olympus");
break;
case 6:
strcat(kingdo, "Demigod");
break;
default:
strcat(kingdo,cp);
break;
}
return kingdo;
}

--in act.informative.c--
in do_score

 char *kingdo;

sprintf(kingdo, "%s",king(ch,"no Kingdom",TRUE));
sprintf(buf, "%sYou are a member of %s.\r\n",buf,kingdo);

I've tried different combinations of using pointers and character arrays
and even using the king function directly in the "You are a member of"
sprintf.  Any ideas?