Re: [NEWBIE] .patch files

From: Cervo (chrisf@PTD.NET)
Date: 08/09/98

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, brad willis wrote:

> Where can I find a program that lets me properly implement .patch files in
> a Win32 environment?
>
> Thx.
>    -Nathan Willis

I recommend cygnus's gnu win32 project, port of Gnu C to win32
environment.  It has stuff, including the patch command, Borne again
shell, and other essential unix tools.  Of course even higher than that, I
recommend linux.  The http address for it is
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/.  Go there, and you will find the
coolest and lowest costing windows compiler around :P

ObCircle:  How about implementing POSIX threads in circle, and including
the library with the mud?  Threads make the mud run faster, and make a lot
less lag when resolving hosts is done via a thread, along with many other
tasks which can consume the mud, ie file input/output, etc.  Just a
thought for Circle MUD 4.0 or Circle MUD 3.0 final.  There's also glibc2.