[IDEA] Seasonal descriptions

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU)
Date: 08/20/98

Just an idea here, but if your builders have nothing to do....

Get them to write up 4 room descriptions for each room, then
modify db.c to read in all the descriptions, and then, according
to the current season, load the correct one. ie,

~
This looks like a nice town square. The sun shines brightly overhead,
and the water in the town fountain sparkles with the sunlight.
~
Leaves cover most of the town square when you have a look around. The
elms, oaks and beeches around the area are bearing their leaves, and
subsequently the leaves have clutted around your feet.
~
The winter snow is evident here. There is snow under your feet, snow
on top of the fountain....the water is even frozen! No point drinking
out of there then.
~
The suns shines at its zenith on this wonderful spring day. Birds
squeel, as do the village children.
~

These are extremely bad descriptions, so don't use them in your MUD :)
You can also use this for night and day descriptions, which is what
we will be using in our MUD. Hope this gives ya a bit of an idea...