Re: online editor

From: Ed Shipe (litbisc@CROSSLINK.NET)
Date: 08/22/98

OasisOLC (and probably OBuild?) will patch and compile fine under
Win9x/WinNT (you should realy be running NT if this is going to be up a
lot).  I think you may be able to find *.zip files, or you can use winzip to
uncompress tgz, gz, and tar files.  The OLC+ that recently was posted is
Oasis with some spiffy add ons.  Also, you can snag the Cygnus Win32 Gnu
port which supports most the "unix" commands you need to de0al with it (and
I think its the only way to get 'patch' for long file names.

There a page by Shirak about windows circle that may help you out..
http://www.connect.ab.ca/~rbmstrk

Unless you have / like Visual Studio, Borland, or the other "pay" compilers,
the Cygnus thing is probably the way to go.  Most of the available patches
are designed with a unix system in mind and this will give you a passable
BASH shell do work with plus Cirlce's autorun and logging feature work "Out
of the Box"

ed

aka
Tarlin @ Creeping Death (can we say alpha v.0.0.0.1 ..=:)..)