Re: Max rooms by zone

From: Carlo Mocci (mocci@TIN.IT)
Date: 08/23/98

At 11.15 23/08/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>I'm trying to make Kyle Goodwin's ASCII map (wilderness) system work, and,
>well, it TECHNICALLY works, but I want to change something, and that
>relies on changing CircleMUD's zone system.
>
>I need to make it so a zone can have more that 1000 rooms...  namely,
>10,000 rooms, but I don't really see where to start.  I can't really find
>where the limit is imposed, and how.

When I've introduced my wilderness zone (I'm not using Kyle's system but
that doesn't care), the things I was forced to change were some limit on
OLC (a grep for 99999 should do)... I can't remember of having a 1000 rooms
limit to zones.
My wilderness zone in fact goes from 1000000 to 1999999 (vnums), and we
have 40000 real rooms (40000 rnums in fact). I've changed through all the
code the room_rnum and room_vnum to int (they were shint).
The big problem I had was that in most of the code it didn't used the
room_vnum/room_rnum, but directly the shint declaration.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that in my version of code (bpl11 originally) there
wasn't the 1000 rooms limit.
I could be wrong though, if you find let me know.
Carlo Mocci - mocci@tin.it

Kabir
Coder of Dalila MUD
dalila.shopitaly.net 4000