Functions replacing tables....

From: Dan Argent (Daniel.2.ARGENT@SB.COM)
Date: 08/25/98

     Okay, I've recently read a post about converting the tables (was it
     AC?) in class.c to functions. This I think is universally accepted as
     a "good idea" - but someone said that they were waiting for the
     perfect function that exactly replicates the tables. Now, I know
     people will start complaining that it would unbalance the delicate
     class relationships on their mud, but don't you think the already
     exisiting near perfect formula could be included in later releases of
     stock circle? If it's a little out, I personally don't mind, and, in
     fact, if someone would be kind enough to point me towards this formula
     (and others for xp, and saving rolls etc) , then I could put them into
     mine.
     Anyway , isn't it possibly that the existing tables are not possibly
     to model with a simple formula? And how were they decided upon in the
     first place - D&D values?

     Cheers,

     Dan.