Time based triggers

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@ANDREASEN.COM)
Date: 08/26/98

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Tony Robbins [Kupek] wrote:

> I was thinking on the path editor, and realized that it wouldn't be hard
> to just make a "time" trigger type for DG Scripts, with the numeric
> argument as a military type hour, 1-24.

Consider a slightly more cron-like format. I use this for example (but it
could be better if you make it look more like cron; check out man 5
crontab on your server)

>> help time-triggers
TIME-TRIGGERS
In the trigger's argument, specify up to 4 numbers. If the number is not
specified, or if it is a *, it will trigger every time. Note that all
these triggers use the MUD, not RL time.

The first number is hour, ranging from 0 to 23.
The second number is day of month, ranging from 1 to 35.
The third number is day of week, ranging from 0 to 6.
The fourth number is month, ranging from 0 to 16.

EXAMPLES:

6               Trigger when hour becomes 6, on any day/week/month
1 1             Trigger on hour 1 on the first day of every month
12 * 0          Trigger on 12:00 on the first day of the week
* 1             Trigger EVERY hour on the first day of the month