Re: [OLC2+] Trigedit file savings ...

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 08/27/98

At 10:58 PM 8/27/98 +0300, you wrote:
>Greetings everyone ,
>
>I have a problem with the triggers savings.
>When I edit an existing trigger , or add a new
>one , and save it , it saves the new trigger
>or the added one into a *.new file instead
>of a *.trg file. That means I have to restart
>my MUD every time I edit or add a trigger (after
>copying the *.new over the *.trg) so that the
>trigger will be loaded.
>I DID insert the *.trg file to the index
>in the trg directory , but it doesn't seem
>to help.
>Any suggestions ?

You shouldn't need a restart of the mud to integrate the
newly edited triggers, unless you rebooted after doing the
edit and before fixing the filename issue.

Are you using windows for you mud? If so, in dg_olc.c,
search for the "rename(fname, buf);" line and add just before
it "remove(buf);". This change will be a part of pl6.
If you are NOT using windows, try this too, and if it does not
help, please let me know.