Re: Pfile spares

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 08/29/98

> Hey all...  Anyone here know how I can get more spares in my pfile?  I
> only have 2 more of the regular ints, and the longs.  Can I change the
> longs to be ints, or will that corrupt the pfile?  Just asking...  And if
> I run out, is there any way to get more?  Sorry if this is a bit newbie,
> just wondering.

On your system and architecture, do the compile and run the following.

#include <stdio.h>
void main () {
        printf ("int: %d  long: %d\n", sizeof (int), sizeof (long));
}

If they're the same, you can probably get away with changing an int to
long.  If not, you might to bundle two int's together.

Try to keep like types grouped together within a structure, this will
prevent unwanted byte padding as much as possible.

d.