Re: Avatar and decapitate code with graveyard

From: Contra (ContraPunk@EMAIL.MSN.COM)
Date: 08/31/98

I agree totally. I speak from my own trial and error. I myself started a MUD
a few years back and had absolutely no clue as to what i was doing, but i
had way too much pride too ask for much help anyways so i spent the few
hundred bucks too take a couple courses in C and C++(granted CircleMUD is in
C i felt a little bit of OO programming knowledge might be well worth my
time). Now I am by no means a very good coder but i like too think that i
can hold my own. Take my advice everyone out there who cant code and runs a
MUD, go and buy a couple good books on C coding and learn the basics. I know
if you can afford to put up a MUD you can sport the 30 bucks for a good
book.
CP

P.S. I recommend Teach Yourself C in 21 Days by SAMs Publishing and Teach
Yourself C in 24 hours also by SAMs Publishing. They both cover the extreme
basics of C and get into fairly hard stuff near the end(the former being the
hardest book but the best buy because of the software with it).