Re: [PERL] Usage chart

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 09/05/98

> Greetings all!

> Has anyone tried making a Perl script to generate a GIF usage chart from
> the usage log?

No.

> I'm not at all knowledgeable of Perl, so I am unable to do it myself at
> this time.

But it's a nice idea... kinda like MRTG.

There are 3 graphics packages out there (that I know of) for perl.  Might
have to look into this once I get my ISP problem resolved... blech.  v.90,
wave of the future they say.  make you faster they say.  will cure cancer
they say.

Check out:

http://www.fred.net/brv/chart/intro4.html

That's a C interface for 'web charts'.  I guess the script would just
record the output from record_usage()... and then just take those values
and parse them.

d.