Re: Multiple Currencys

From: Kieran Sobel (ReaperKS@AOL.COM)
Date: 09/08/98

barbaradesmond@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

> I'm kind of baffled on shopkeepers returning the exact amount of change.
>  I was wondering if anybody could give any suggestions on how to do this.

Try using / and %.
Say the shopkeeper needs to return 345 (stored in change)coins. Gold = 100,
silver = 10, copper = 1.

amount_of_gold = change / 100;
change = change % 100;
amount_of_silver = change / 10;
change = change % 10;
amount_of_copper = change;

Then give the person the appropriate coins from that.

- Kieran of Darkening Skies
        "Be careful what you laugh at, it might laugh back."
                        -- Sonia Lyris