Error Checking

From: Tony Robbins [Kupek] (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 09/19/98

Hi again, list...

   Ok, my biggest question is this.  Why don't we check for NULL and such
when dealing with strings?  For example, str_cmp...

Str_cmp crashes, when passed a NULL string, because it never checks.  Why
aren't we adding if (!arg) return (FALSE); or whatever as appropriate?  I
know it may be a matter of preference, but it's crash preventative.

Besides, if you're trying to see if this string of nothing is equal to
this string of "melon", it's false anyway, so why not say so instead of
crashing?

Maybe that was complain-y, but I think it's a good idea.  Any reasons not
to?

-B.

  Tony Robbins, <tonyr@nwpaclink.com>
  LakeView Technologies, Inc.