Mob Age/development

From: Ghost Shaidan (ghost@AO.NET)
Date: 09/23/98

> ObCircle :
>
> In my mud, mobs age and develop, and then eventually die, all by
> themselves.  Has anyone else done this?  Or does anyone want to
> discuss how?  With a little thought, you'll find that it's really
> easy, once you work the theory out.

I would be really interested in a discussion on this topic, but in a
slightly different slant.

The biggest 'problem' I have with current muds is the lack of mob
intelligence.  While this isnt directly related, anything to do with
making mobs better and more worthy opponents appeals to me.

The first question I would ask is:

What does this add to your mud's playability?

Ghost Shaidan