Re: Timing Actions - BLATANT PLUG

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 09/23/98

Pop in an event system (maybe dg-events) and while you are at it, pop in
dg-scripts.  Whole new worlds will open for you.
--Angus

Subject:  Timing Actions
Author:  INTERNET:CIRCLE@POST.QUEENSU.CA at CSERVE
Date:    9/23/98 9:51 AM

I have changed the room special procedure code so that
it calls the procedure whenever a player enters the room. I
did this for room traps and it works pretty well.

What I am wanting to do now, is have some room procs that,
when called, execute a delayed event. For example, I want
the 'floor to collapse' after 30 seconds or whatever. Another
example would be to transfer the players into another room
after X seconds to simulate of flowing river.

I am unsure about how to go about doing this from within a
special procedure. I was contemplating a wait() statement
but that just doesn't feel right.

Any ideas,

Thanks,
Chuck