Re: mudFTP 2.3 available - including Circle patches

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@ANDREASEN.COM)
Date: 09/23/98

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Del Minturn wrote:

> If I wanted to pre-write room descriptions, I can do that in notepad or
> other text editor. When I am ready to create rooms I can copy and paste
> which your description says it allows you to do.
>
> Can you please explain more on what advantages are available for this
> code vice the easily accomplished tasks normally done on a computer?

I find it rather more comfortable to type just type 'mpedit :42' to edit
the mobprog to modify just a few letters or such, and have my editor pop
up right away, and when I leave it, upload the data directly to the MUD -
rather than having to cut/paste the thing by hand.

Especially if the program is longer than the number of lines on your
screen.

This pretty much applies to editing any other text. Just writing the
initial stuff in an editor and pasting it may be much easier with mudFTP,
but modifying existing text sure is.

Another thing you avoid using mudFTP is alias expansion: quite often I
come up on very strange notes people have written because they put an e.g.
"a" at the beginning of a line, and their MUD client expanded it to "cast
'acid blast'".