Strcpy? Help?

From: Nick Stout (cyberman_64@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 09/23/98

I was told by one of my good friends that when i was having large code
problems to write to you.

Anyway, somewhere in my code there is a corrupted strcpy statement or
buffer overload. I have a good idea where, because whenever it gets to
"Blah is mortally wounded, and will die soon if not aided" it dies. Not
the person, but the actual mud. The whole thing goes down.
It gives me a "Error in strcpy ()" error, which means it could be
anywhere. One person attempted to help, using strncpy. I dont know, but
i couldn't get it to work, partially cause i'm too used to strcpy.
Is there anything i could do that might at all fix the problem? I have
been trying to fix it, and i think i have just about tried everything
now. Any ideas that a really good coder could give?

I realize you know code quite a bit better than I do. I can get along,
but when huge problems like this arise, I can only sit back and hope for
the best. I need an answer. Is there any other way i can fix this at
all?
Thank you very much for your listening, and my note about this is also
on the Circlemud list, if you need to know what I thought the problem
was.

-CyberMan