Re: mudFTP question

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@ANDREASEN.COM)
Date: 09/26/98

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Fafhrd wrote:

> After a bit of hassling with changed code, I got this in. When I write a
> message, the editor pops up fine, and saves. But, it never appears to get
> sent back to the mud. Chances are, its my fault, but in case anyone
> recognizes the error...
> syslog says...
> Fri Sep 25 19:42:55 :: FTP connect from 024.234.030.120
> Fri Sep 25 19:42:55 :: FTP authorization for fafhrd@024.234.030.120
> Fri Sep 25 19:42:55 :: FTP command: 'PUSH' from fafhrd@024.234.030.120
> Fri Sep 25 19:43:17 :: FTP command: 'PUT tmp/141587308 2' from
> fafhrd@024.234.030.120
>
> mudFTP client says....
> Sending tmp/bunchanumbers... Waiting.....

What OS are you using on the client/server?
What are the contents of the file you are sending back? Does it actually
have 2 lines?

What it seems to be is that the client and the server disagree about the
number of lines in the file.

You could add some debug to the function handle_ftp_data which is the one
that handles the data - log argument which is the data receivec, and
d->ftp.lines_left, which is the number of lines left. That one should
reach 0 and finish_file should be called.