Re: CIRCLE] Max existing

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 10/03/98

Ronny Iversen wrote:

> Can somebody explain the max existing flag in reset commands for me?
> Is it max in the entire game, including on players or is it just max on
> mobiles
> etc?

If I remember correctly (from the 2.x days), the documents explain all
of that. But anyways since it is one of the first things I learned when
building, it is the maximum number of that particular object/mob that
can be in the game when it tries to load it.
i.e.
There are 100 long swords in the game (max = 100).
Next time the game tries to load one and the max for that particular
load is 100, it will not load.
HOWEVER;
If there are 100 swords in the game and one load for the sword says max
100, it will not load. But if the second sword in the zone file says max
110, that one will load.

So you have to be careful of the max load numbers if you load an object
in more than one place.