Re: Why use olc?

From: Jourge Fuzz Bush (modem-burn@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 10/03/98

okay, I don't know about you but I would rather work in a windows 95
environment for 40 and then upload and run ANOTHER version of the mud on
a testport and check rather than conjure up a 200 dollar internet bill
and looking at a meere 2 color shell for 40 hours. And yes I have used
olc, and I still say its not worth it for windows 95 users. Also I would
say on average the mud editor is faster and less strain on your eyes.
but you do what ever you want. What u read was my opinion I didn't say u
had to use it. And more than just visualize rooms, mobs, obj, at the
same time in windows 95 you have lists visible most of time rather than
having to go back and forth between mobs, objs, vnums in olc and on
peices of paper you wrote on.
and a reboot takes a mere few seconds. it's not like a full system
reboot.
Besides the matter olc takes quite a while to put in under win95
considering that there is no patch programs that work properly and its
quite a long patch.