Re: [CODE] do_mobcopy

From: Jared Buckley (jaredb@TI.COM)
Date: 10/14/98

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>        I wrote this command, which is supposed to copy one mobile to
>another pre-existing prototype.  Everything seems to work okay until I try
>to edit the mob, load it and purge it, or vstat it a couple of times.  I
>am using bpl14, and the dg_pl5a_with_oasis system.  gdb tells me that

Hey Guys,

        I don't know if it might be related to this, but I've definitely found a
reproducable error in the bpl14/dg_pl5a_with_oasis running under both Win95
and RH Linux 5.1.  medit appears to corrupt another mob in the next zone after
the one you're working in when it attempts to write the info to memory.  No
files appear to be changed adversely.  Unfortunately RL keeps intruding and I
haven't had a chance to put a debugger on it, but it's definitely there.  Only
seems to happen when editing a _new_ mob.  Sequence is something like this:

medit <vnum>  /* new mob */
make changes and save to memory.
do a where <mob_name> and you'll find a mob in the next logical zone that's
  now got the descriptions of the mob you just created.  (But the mob keeps it's
  own stats.)

        I've been poking around in medit_save_internally IIRC and looking at
the logs, but so far nothing has jumped out at me.  I'll be sure to update
everyone when/if I get it worked out.   Anyway my point is, it's possible your
problem isn't related to your code...

Jared