Re: [DEBIGGING] Infinite Loops

From: Fafhrd (fafhrd@ROTD.COM)
Date: 10/19/98

ps alone wont show pprocess started under another login. Use ps xr to see
all running processes from any user not over you (root).
From there, in your main dir, "gdb bin/circle <pid>". This will attach to
the process. For lag reasons, do this _after_ you're caught in the loop.
<ctrl>-c and it will stop the game, leaving you a typical crash like output,
of which you can backtrace, change frames, print a few variables, etc. Hit
enter and the game will continue running. Stop and start it a few more
times, and you will know for sure where it is looping within.