Re: nutritional facts [satire]

From: James Theron Browning (jbrownin@LCSC.EDU)
Date: 10/27/98

Andrew <object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU> wrote:
::snipped the stuff Andy was reponding to (ie food spoiling)::
>If you want to implement this, I suggest looking at the object damage patch
>on Ceramic Mouse. It is almost identical to what you want to do. Hope this
>helps.
::snipped Andy's and majordomo sigs::

I think that food spoiling and damage might be applied like so...

::begin fakeqoute from game angle 1::
><8000hp 999999xp> look
>Last room
>  Brightly colored decorations adorn every surface giving the
>room a bright festive appearance. the door outside is south.
>  There is a dining table here.
>  Paul is standing here.
>  John is standing here.
>  Peter is standing here.
::snippy::
><8000hp 999999xp> look table
>  The table is oddly asymetrical It has place for 14 people and is
>made of dark oak Hebrew inscription surround the edges of the table.
>  A loaf of hard bread is on the table.
>  A vessel containg a Purple fluid is on the table.
><8000hp 999999xp> get the bread from the table
>you get the loaf of hard bread from the table
><8000hp 999999xp> examine the bread
>  It's a loaf of hard bread just like any you can buy in a market.
>  The bread has a spot of mold and is in excellent condition.
><8000hp 999999xp> break the bread
>  You attempt to break the bread.
><7999hp 999999xp> examine the bread
>  It's a loaf of hard bread just like any you can buy in a market.
>  The bread has a spot of mold and is in bad condition.
><7999hp 999999xp> break the bread
>  You attempt to break the bread.
><7998hp 999999xp> examine the bread
>  You break the bread.
><8000hp 999999xp> examine the bread
>  It's a broken loaf of hard bread.
>  [14]There is a chunk of bread here.
::end fakelog::

I know bad idea. implementing hard bread you have to break and then it might
mold on you.

Obcircle1:
  I came up with the idea of having an automatic credit update
whatchamacallt will multiple distributed files. (instead of just one in say
the root directory of the distribution.)
  It got shot down but I am sure it would work. (maybe creditsXX)

Obcircle2:
  Does anyon out there know how to create a room with more than 1 exit in a
given direction?  such as a room with all but two or three exits going
south?

  JamesB
    Whatever you're looking for is in the last place you will look.