Re: [CODE-HELP] practicing

From: Jeffrey Hanks (jeffhanks@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 10/30/98

First of all, you have numerous typos in your code that I can't tell
whether were actually from your code, or simply in the transition to
the email message.

For example: you need brackets around all your references to skill_num
when you only have them around the first.  Also, I think you are
missing numerous parenthesis around the "if" statement.

As to your code, the problem is that you are checking to see if
LVL_IMMORT - 1 is less than the required level for a given skill/spell
for the character's class.  This will never be true unless you have
skills that require a character to be greater than LVL_IMMORT to
learn.

Jeff Hanks
jeffhanks@yahoo.com

---Alaron <digital@TOGETHER.NET> wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to get this bit of code so that when a person
remorts
> they can practice all the skills of thier previous skills.
>
> The problem is when I change this they can practive ALL skills/spells,
> and i want them to only prac what they have at current level or have
from
> remort. Remort is at lvl_immort -1.
>
> if ((skill_num < 1 ||
>       (GET_LEVEL(ch) <
spell_info[skill_num].min_level[(int)GET_CLASS(ch)] &&