Re: [CODE] Socket Problems

From: Sean Daley (sdaley@BBNPLANET.COM)
Date: 11/03/98

Ok, my socket programming skills aren't very good at
the moment (almost non-existant but not quite) so I
can't comment as to whether or not your method will
work, but some things I see that may be wrong are ...

1)
what is DEST_PORT? (ie where does it get setup)  I'm assuming
you set it to 25 some place else?

2)
Why do you set the members of dest_addr and THEN clear
the structure out with the memset?  I think you may want
to move the memset BEFORE you do dest_addr.sin_family = PF_INET
etc.  This may make the connect call a little confused
as to where it's trying to connect to.  Just a guess though.

Sean