Re: [bpl14] [win98] rlink and Zedit new

From: Rick Glover (magik@THEGRID.NET)
Date: 11/05/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Scorn <scorn@RMI.NET>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Thursday, November 05, 1998 6:30 PM
Subject:  [bpl14] [win98] rlink and Zedit new

>i have checked the archives to no avail and here is my problem.
>If i have a builder assined to a zone 18 for example
>he can edit everything but rlink rlink uses pretty much the same check
>to see if someone can redit or zedit so i am not sure of the problem.
>Only implementors can rlink even though LVL_builder is grgod
>here is the code:

>int can_edit_zone(struct char_data *ch, int number)
>{
>  if (GET_LEVEL(ch) >= LVL_IMPL)
>    return TRUE;
>
>  if (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_BUILDER)
>    return FALSE;
>  if (!is_name(GET_NAME(ch), zone_table[number].builders))
>    return FALSE;
>
>  return TRUE;
>}

Try putting in a debugging sprintf in this function to see what the value of
zone_table[number].builders has in it.  It looks like that is your problem.

#if 1
  sprintf(buf, "zone_table value: %s", zone_table[number].builders);
  send_to_char(buf);
#endif

Change it to #if 0 after your are done and fixed, or just delete it all.

Rick