More saving throw math stuff

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 11/05/98

With a two-line hack to my main.h, I have it printing out per class.  It
seems Ed's thief saving throws are dead on accurate.

greerga@cambot:~/c/savingthrow$ ./sav-ed > /dev/null
Class #0: 266
Class #1: 395
Class #2: 2
Class #3: 504
Total difference: 1167

greerga@cambot:~/c/savingthrow$ ./sav-rb > /dev/null
Class #0: 405
Class #1: 608
Class #2: 313
Class #3: 781
Total difference: 2107

Still a bit higher here though, even with the new formula.  How does your
rounding fare Rob?

If all else fails, I still have the option of going partially back to a
table.  But I'm sure we all like formulas better and are going to help find
a good one, if possible, right? :)

(Yes, I know the poll said more people would rather just have an inaccurate
formula but I'm still trying not to screw the values of existing players.)

Perhaps we need linear/quadratic for different sets....

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.