Re: {Newbie} Possible Bug or Hacker?

From: the Huntress (rita.pin@YALE.EDU)
Date: 11/09/98

Hex representation?  It wasn't in hex.  I can't even type the characters
that I saw on my screen or in the log files, much less give you a hex
representation of it...

Cut and paste gives me this, but that's not all of the name:

?D?

I'll describe it to you.

1st letter: a small capital d over a c
2nd letter: an ene (spanish n with a tilda)
3rd letter: a y with two dots over it (german?)
4th letter: an upside down ?
5th letter: capital D
6th letter: an e with two dots over it
7th letter: a y with two dots over it
8th letter: an upside down ?

If you can make heads or tails of that, I'll solemnly worship you ;)

Vinaya

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, George wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, the Huntress wrote:
>
> >I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or a hacker or who knows what else...
> >I just had a level 2 player log in, his name was in very strange
> >characters and the game suddenly crashed.  When I checked the crash log,
>
> What is the hex representation of the name?
>
> --
> George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
> http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.
> http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/    |                  -- Elbert Hubbard

        "The trouble with followers is,
         they repeat what the leader said fifty years ago
         and think they are following him,
         but they are not following him anymore."

                        - Erik Erikson