Re: [Newbie] Positions, cont.

From: Brian Williams - Nashak (bmw@efn.org)
Date: 11/15/98

The problem is in the world files, all of them are set to default position
of 8, when you changed STANDING to position 9, it made all of your mob
files not compatible with the new positions. To fix this, go into your
lib/world/mob directory, then grep 8, all the ones that are positions,
change to 9. Is there an easier way? Yeah, but this way works just as good
:P
On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Jonathan Grant Esq. wrote:

>         ..Thanks to everyone for their suggestions..
>
> ..Ok, to add the fly ability I was describing, I added two new positions..
> #define POS_FIGHTING        7
> #define POS_FIGHTING_FLYING 8
> #define POS_STANDING        9
> #define POS_FLYING          10
>
> ..I added the commands "fly" and "land"..
>
>         ..I also made the nessisary adjustments to act.movement.c,
> interpreter.c, and fight.c..
>
> ..All was fine, until I discovered that my wandering mobs no longer
> move..Obviously, this is due to the fact that POS_STANDING used to be
> defined as 8, and is now 9..So, I'm guessing that all my mobs are loading
> into POS_FIGHTING_FLYING..The only problem is I don't know where I need
> to make the change..I've greped around a bit, to no avail..I do have
> oasis installed, if that's relevent..
>
> ..So, if anyone could point me in the right direction. . .
>
>                 Thanks,
>
>                         Jonathan Grant

       / Nashak Stonehand  /
      / bmw@efn.org       /