Re: [NEWBIE] configure problems

From: Julian Buckley (s348266@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 12/08/98

Don't think it was mount, but the usual steps to do are:

1. Install cygwin :);
2. Stick a shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 if your system can't allocate
enough space (to do so, run cygwin without it...if it appears "Out of
Environment Space", stick that line in.
3. In DOS, run this line: ln -s C:/CYGNUS/B19/H-I386~1/bin /bin
4. cd into your circle directory (cd /circle)
5. Run configure (./configure);
6. cd into the source directory (cd src)
7. Run make (just type "make")
8. cd back to the /circle directory (cd ..)
9. Run autorun (./autorun)
10. Telnet to localhost <port#), and you're away

:)

That's how it worked for me.  Search the archives for other problems you
may find...note, Cygwin occassionally freezes when it wants to...no fixes
though...

-Caniffe

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Jason wrote:

> I apprecite the answers on this subject i have been able to get to one point
> however, (this is prolly a stupid question,but I cant find it in the docs of
> GNU win32) I start the compilation then it stops at the end and say
> /bin/sh:fileor directory not found. I seem to remember this a few days ago
> but I dont seem to find it in my deleted mail any ideas I have done the
> mount c:\~~~\bin /bin thing so I am a little confused.
>

> Jason

 Julian Buckley, 3rd Year Computer Systems Engineering
 Dept. Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Qld
 E-Mail: s348266@student.uq.edu.au
 Web Page: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s348266/index.html