Re: Things maybe "TODO"

From: Jared Buckley (jaredb@ti.com)
Date: 12/18/98

George wrote:

[snip]
> * Threads
>         Limited to Linux, Solaris, Windows, and maybe FreeBSD.

How much extra performance does this add vs the added complexity?
I haven't programmed with threads in ages, but I seem to remember the
locking as being a nightmare, not to mention the added debugging
headaches!

> * ASCII Pfile
>         Likely to be included.

Cool!

> * BufferSys
>         I'm doing a makeover at the moment with it so I have yet to figure
>         out what it is going to become.  Most likely it would be nice.

George you need more PR on this one.  I know you're working hard on this
project, but I'm completely ignorant of what it is or does...

> * DG Scripts
> * DG Events
>         Obvious reasons, but overkill? Maybe, maybe not.

Very Cool!

Jared