Re: [OFFTOPIC] Cygnus Question

From: Julian Buckley (s348266@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 01/21/99

> Hey. I'm a little bit confused as to what the Cygnus Port of the bash shell
> can actually do. Obviously it comes with gcc and gdb, but does it come with
> some sort of TCP/IP stack? Or does it use the Windows stack? Can you
> actually run the MUD in the shell, or can you compile only? Thanks for you time,

Without going into specifics (cause I dont know them), Cygnus works much
like Unix, but in a DOS box.

You can compile the mud using unix defines, and boot it using the autorun
script.

You cannot run stuff like IMC through it tho, so I assume it's got a
differing tcp/ip stack to standard *nix.

Basically, it's a way to run it unixy without installing linux etc.

 Julian Buckley, 3rd Year Computer Systems Engineering
 Dept. Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Qld
 E-Mail: s348266@student.uq.edu.au
 Web Page: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s348266/index.html