- Strange compiling error

From: Tom Dailey (tomd@waymark.net)
Date: 02/01/99

Hello,

I have 2 directories, master_src and src.  I have edited the src directory
and have gotten the mud to compile to fight.c.  It then gives me these
errors:

fight.c: In function `perform_violence':
fight.c:1392: parse error before `/'
fight.c:1392: parse error before `/'
make[1]: *** [fight.o] Error 1

I did modify fight.c but cannot seem to find the / or /* comment that might
be causing
the error.

I then went back into master_src, compiled and no problem.  I then took
fight.c from the
master_src and moved it to src, backing up fight.c in that directory first.
I compiled, and
get the same parse error with the fight.c from master_src.

So, here it is.  One file will compile fine within one directory, but not
within a different directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom